Tempo in movimento  27 minuti

Tempo  50 minuti

Coordinate 198

Caricato 15 giugno 2019

Registrato giugno 2019

-
-
1.971 m
1.952 m
0
0,3
0,6
1,15 km

Visualizzato 60 volte, scaricato 1 volte

vicino a Moose, Wyoming (United States)

This is the most interesting history location we saw in a drive around the Grand Teton Loop. The short access road is just south of the Windy Point Turnout on the Teton Park Road.

This was an historical ferry crossing over the Snake River, the only quick access to the area in horse and carriage days. The Old Ferry, Store, Homestead, Cabin, Church, and other buildings are restored to period appearance and very worthwhile to visit. Soft drinks are available in the store.

Recorded in early June, 2019 using the free Wikiloc Wyoming State Map download.
Parcheggio

Parking

Punto informativo

Outhouse (2)

Foto

Original Snake River Ferry

The old catamaran ferry that hauled horses, wagons, and people across the Snake River, is hauled out here. It is badly weathered but appears to be original and complete, including the ramps, deck railings, and steerage mechanism. A sign in the store reads: "Ferry Rides / 25 cents Horse & Rider / 50 cents Wagon & Team / pedestrians ride free with wagon crossing."
Monumento

Menor's Homestead and Store

Period goods on offer including soda pop and candies. Old fashioned rocking chair on porch. There is a small museum section with old photos. Staff have deep historical knowledge of this location.
Monumento

The Maud Noble Cabin

Plaque reads in part: "Erected on its present site in 1917 by Miss Maude Noble. Preserved and renovated to commemorate a meeting held here on the evening of July 26, 1923, at which residents of Jackson Hole presented to the Superintendent of Yellowstone National Park a plan for setting aside a portion of Jackson Hole as a National Recreation Area, by the establishment and enlargement of Grand Teton National Park..." The fireplace area, where these historical meetings occurred to decide park designations in the area, is restored to its original appearance.
Sito religioso

Chapel of the Transfiguration

"This rustic Episcopal chapel, constructed in 1925, held the first services on July 26 of that year. Prior to tits construction, worshipers traveled 12 miles over rough roads to the town of Jackson. Today services are held every Sunday during the summer. There are two period stained glass panels in the entrance foyer. Past US Presidents have also attended here.The kids especially like to ring the Church Bell.

Commenti

    Puoi o a questo percorso